Thursday, July 26, 2012 –
Westmont College, a Christian liberal arts college in the hills of Montecito, is looking to fill the position of Acquisitions and Serials Coordinator. This is a full-time paraprofessional position. A review of applications begins upon receipt and will continue until the position is filled. Westmont College is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to be diverse in people and programs consistent with its mission. Links to the full job description and the online application form are available at: http://www.westmont.edu/_offices/human_resources/#staff-openings.html
Position Summary: The Acquisitions and Serials Coordinator works directly under the Associate Director of Technical Services and Collection Development and is responsible for the management and coordination of acquisitions and serials, including the oversight of expenditures against the library’s materials budget. The position also assists in the cataloging and processing of materials in all formats.
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 years work experience in a library in acquisitions, serials and/or cataloging
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as requested
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Mozilla Firefox and Google Apps
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and in teams; self-directed with an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Experience in an academic library
- A basic understanding of LCSH and LC Classification
- Account management/vendor relations experience
*Visit the GCLN Job Postings page for other job opportunities and job-hunting advice.