Cottage Health seeks experienced, tech savvy librarian to support the hospital medical library. Job duties include: trouble shooting technology questions, customer service, literature searching, cataloging, processing print and online materials, supporting Library Manager. Requires: Master’s degree in Library Science, proficient in MS Office, and 2-3 years’ library experience. Cottage Health offers an excellent compensation package that includes above market salaries; premium medical benefits, pension plans, and tax savings accounts.
The Blaksley Library was established in 1927. It began outdoors under the oaks as a quiet resting spot to read about plants, animals, and geology. Since then it has grown to over 15,000 volumes. The Blaksley Library building, designed by local architect Lutah Maria Riggs and completed in 1942, provides beautiful mountain views in a courtyard setting.
The Library is currently open by appointment only. The library collections are non-circulating but may be used onsite. Please contact the Library Director, Joan Ariel, by email or telephone (805/682-4726, ext. 107). Permission to use manuscript and art collections and architectural drawings must be obtained in advance by contacting the librarian, Joan Ariel, in writing (email, fax, or letter), stating the purpose of your research. Library use is free to all and does not require an admission fee to the Garden.
Our Library page contains links and resources for Vandenberg Air Force Base. There is a variety of information available in the library, including information on our wing leaders, newcomers information, and more. For additional command information, visit our Units page. If you’d like more information about the Air Force in general, visit the Air Force Link and the U.S Air Force factsheet.
In 1911, community leaders approached Rev. John S. Laubacher out of concern that health care services were not available to meet the needs of the thousands of residents who had settled on the Oxnard plains. Hence, St. John’s Regional Medical Center was established in 1912 by the Sisters of Mercy at the request of Rev. Laubacher.
The hospital grew from a wooden structure with six rooms on ten acres of land to a regional medical center with 265 licensed beds, including a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, on a 48-acre parcel in northeast Oxnard.
Today, St. John’s Regional Medical Center is located at the corner of Rose Avenue and Gonzales Road, providing easy access from the 101 Freeway and from all cities in Ventura County.