Gold Coast Library Network
Zoom Conference Call
January 17, 2017
Present: Margaret Driscoll, Kristen LaBonte (note taker), Mallory Gianola, Camerin Poulson, Jody Thomas, Nancy Gulliver, Susannah Kopecky
- Approve Sept. 29, 2016 minutes – Approved
- Review of Fall 2016 Development Day.
- Lots of great verbal feedback
- For future events with a specific focus (like government docs), we should advertise in a way to show that it’s relevant for all librarians.
- Spring 2017 Program
- To be held in Ventura County. Oxnard College Library, Camarillo Public Library are both great options. Jody will look into them.
- April (avoiding April 19 for Good Friday). April 28th works best for the entire board.
- Topic Possibilities
- Organizational Methods
- Online tools for Instruction
- Digital Literacy
- Open Education Resources
- Digital Reference
- Format Possibilities
- Panel on Outreach & Aspirations (Jody & a possibly a coworker), Maker Spaces (Susie), Digital Literacy, Library for Everyone…..
- Hiring a professional speaker, like Edmond Otis or Britt Andreatta
- Net loss of $23.25 from our Fall Program
- Ending cash balance on 11/12/16 is $8,091.34
- Scholarships will be $600 (per vote on 9/1/16).
- Committee: Cami, Susie, Mallory
- Mallory modifying Google Form to accept applications.
- Due 3/31/17. Open 2/1/17.
- Kristen to post on website and listserv on 2/1/17.
- Next Meeting:
- Monday 2/13 at 1pm via Zoom. Mallory to send an invite.
- Jody to follow up with Marsha.