Part-time Temporary Research Help Desk Librarian
Library and Information Services
Position summary: This position will staff the Research Help Desk (Reference Desk) in the afternoons and evenings during the weekdays. Under the supervision of the Library Director this position assists students with their research needs both in person and through phone or email. Currently looking to hire one or two people for 4-10 hours through December 16, 2016.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in library science, or equivalent experience. Must be familiar with EBSCOhost, ProQuest, and other library databases. Must know how to conduct effective reference interviews. Experience in working a reference desk, preferably in an academic setting.
- Assisting patrons in person, on the phone, or through email.
- Providing research assistance to patrons.
- Guiding students to the right resources for their research needs.
- Teaching students information literacy skills including, but not limited to: effective search strategies, evaluation of sources, how to properly cite sources, and source integration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay range: $21.00-$27.00 / hour
Apply at: http://webapps.westmont.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/employagreement.woa/wa/hr