Join your regional library colleagues at Vandenberg Air Force Base as we learn about and discuss library instruction, information literacy frameworks, and assessment in school, public, academic, and special libraries. Bring your own experiences and questions, engage with our speakers, and take away new ideas to help serve your communities! The event will end with a tour of Vandenberg Air Force Base, including a drive by of Site Launch Complex 2 and a visit to the base museum.
Event Date & Time: Friday, November 7, 2014, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Vandenberg Air Force Base Library
10:00 a.m. : Registration and Morning Refreshments
10:30 a.m. : Welcome and Announcements
10:45 a.m. : Presentations and discussions related to library instruction, information literacy frameworks, and assessment, with librarians representing school, public, and academic libraries.
1:00 p.m. : Luncheon (assorted sandwiches)
2:00 p.m. : Tour of Vandenberg Air Force Base
Breakfast items and lunch are included in registration.
Directions to Vandenberg
- Follow the directions here to get to the Vandenberg entrance.
- All visitors have to stop at the Visitor Center to register before being given the pass to come on base. Bring an official picture ID (drivers license, passport, etc). If you are driving on base you must bring your current drivers license, car registration, and proof of insurance.
- After receiving your pass, drive around the back of the visitor centers to exit its parking lot and make a right towards the guard shack. Show the pass with picture ID to the guard at the gate.
- Once through the gate, stay on California Boulevard, which is lined with flags of the fifty states.
- At the fork before the large missile, stay left to remain on California Boulevard.
- Go through two traffic signals.
- Turn right after Burger King, and make an immediate left into the library parking lot.
Please use this document to make carpooling arrangements with librarians in your area.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, November 3, 2014