Gold Coast Library Network Minutes
Zoom Conference Call
Sept 1, 2016 1:00 pm
Present: Margaret Driscoll, Kristen LaBonte (note taker), Mallory Gianola, Camerin Poulson, Susie Kopecky, Jody Thomas
- Approve August 4, 2016 minutes – Approved
- 4 – Getting Your Hands on Government Information presented by Shari Laster, UCSB
- a. Action Item Jodi: Save the date needs to go out by Sept. 9. Website & Listserv
- Everyone on the board to poll colleagues regarding what to cover by Sept. 22
- Goleta Beach Menu for breakfast: assorted muffins, breakfast breads and donuts ($5.25 pp) includes coffee, teas, orange juice, and water.
- California Deli Deluxe Package ($11.50): Choose up to 4 sandwiches, 1 salad, cookies or brownies and soft drinks, water and iced tea. 1 vegan option on standby (depending on rsvps). 1 veggie sandwich, 1 chicken, 1 tri tip, 1 turkey
- Action Item: Margaret to request a quote for 24 people from UCen Catering. Breakfast delivered at 9, lunch delivered at 12:30 (setup by 1)
- Action Item: Margaret to speak with Vessela regarding best way to pay for catering. It may take two weeks to have the check sent.
- Action Item: Mallory to make a flyer, modeling from the website. To include a map (sent from Margaret) regarding parking.
- Action Item: Jodi to make a webpage. She will send text to Kristen if she’s unable to do so.
- Pricing: Parking is $8 day.
- Program Cost: $22 librarians, $18 non-librarian staff, $12 students
- Increasing Scholarship Amount
- Currently $400 each. 1 for student, 1 for staff.
- Vote to keep the two scholarships and increase them to $600 each and see if this increases participation. Perhaps the following year we may vote to have a 3rd
- Emergency funds
- If one of our regional libraries or cultural institutions experiences a collections disaster, our group will convene and discuss giving some funds for aid.
- Website Problems
- WordPress isn’t allowing us to upload any documents or media, regardless of what computer is being used.
- Action Item: Jodi to see if she can help resolve the problem
- Use Google docs and link up.
- Next Meeting 9/29: 11am
- Adjourned: 1:52